We recommend beginning your class series around 30 weeks pregnant.
Homecoming Class taught separately.
You will learn information specific to your home or birth center birthing experience, including:
- Getting Started: Pre and Early Labor
- Getting Serious: Active Labor and Transition
- Variations of Labor
- What Do Contractions Feel Like?
- Common Sense Tips for Reducing Pain
- Doulas: Everything You Need to Know
- Relaxation: Releasing Tension During Labor & Pregnancy
- Top 10 Tools for Dad
- Water Birth
- The Importance of Communication: Learning to Talk and Listen in Labor
- Pushing: How You and Your Baby Work Together
- Third Stage: Delivery of the Placenta
- Your Birth Plan: A Communication Tool
- Newborn Procedures: Creating a Postpartum Plan
Online Birth Class
|Training for an Amazing Home & Birth Center Birth |
Planning to have your baby at home or at a birth center? This class will give you the nuts and bolts of labor. Learn what happens before, during, and after birth, as well as variations of labor and watch birth videos of out-of-hospital births.
Why you might want to discuss with your provider, if waiting is an option when planning your cesarean birth.
Doulas are an investment. As with any investment, it’s good to know what you are paying for. What do you get when you hire a doula?
Have you heard phrases like, “my doctor is letting me” or “I had to do xyz”? How we speak, how we interpret, how we view birth matters. It truly makes a difference for people around us and for future generations.
Connect with An Amazing Doula or Educator Today! Childbirth Educators Doulas BBC Directory About What is a childbirth educator? Absolutely anyone can be a childbirth